sabato 14 marzo 2015

MESSAGE OF BISHOP DOLLMAN

Message  of Mgr. Dollmann  Auxiliary bishop of  Strasbourg, 

Ecclesiastical Assistent WUCT - UMEC

Last February, the Pontifical Council for  the Laity confirmed my appointment as Ecclesiastical Assistant of WUCT,  successor of Mgr. Luc Van Looy who assisted  WUCT during  a long period of years.  Since my Episcopal ordination in September 2012 I received several appointments  from outside my Diocese.  But this last, I accepted willingly because it is constitutes an extension of my various responsibilities related to education.
After my ordination, I was sent as chaplain to a catholic school in Alsace, further as  Spiritual Director  of the Major Seminary of Strasbourg and finally in 2009 at the French College in Rome. During my stay of 3 years, I was also member of the Congregation of Catholic Education, responsible for French-speaking seminaries.
My nomination coincides with the moment we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Declaration ‘Gravissimum Educationis’ which articulated the universal right to education while defining its purpose: "For a true education aims at the formation of the human person in the pursuit of his ultimate end and of the good of the societies of which, as man, he is a member, and in whose obligations, as an adult, he will share." (GE: 1)
This perspective,  to which the Church is committed, in fidelity to Christ,  remains a challenging task for any educator, especially in the actual context  marked by the challenge of multiculturalism
With my most respectful greetings,
 + Vincent Dollman

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento